Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Darker with the day

Dear Food Diary,

Today I quartered a bunch of potatoes and onions, then dumped them in a baking dish with several cloves of garlic and some chopped carrots (plus salt & pepper).



I put that in a 325-degree oven and left the house for about 90 minutes, pretty sure that when I got back I'd either have the beginnings of a good meal or one hell of an insurance claim.

After 90 minutes, the house was still intact and our veggies were mostly roasted, so I added a few chunks from this bag of turds and tossed it all back in the oven.


Actually, that's half-frozen cubes of Surly Darkness from the bottle I opened a couple weeks ago.  Not a bag of turds. 

After 20 minutes back in the oven I added some unpronounceable sausage from a Ukrainian deli in Coon Rapids.  Then, 15 minutes of additional oven time later, there was this:



1 comment: